Monday, June 29, 2009

SURPRISE...my Dad turns 50!!

My mom, brother and I decided to throw my Dad a surprise 50th birthday party. We planned it for the Friday night before our family reunion because a lot of our family would be in town. My dad is not easily tricked, so we weren't sure if we would be able to pull of the surprise. My dad thought he was attending the annual First Cousin's get together (which they usually have every year before the reunion.) Brad, Glen, and I put together a slideshow of pictures; my mom and brother put together a 1959 trivia game for everyone to play and everyone brought funny cards and/or gag gifts. We had about 45 friends and family there to surprise him. When he walked in, he was COMPLETELY surprised!!! We couldn't believe we had pulled it off. We thought, for sure, he knew about it!! It was a wonderful time celebrating my dad. He's a wonderful father, husband, friend, etc. Our family is so blessed to have him and we are so thankful for everything he's done and been to our family. He's our rock and we love him so much!! Happy Birthday Dad!
SURPRISE!!!!

Watching the slide show!

Being serenaded by his quartet

Opening of the gag gifts

The whole family

Dad with his siblings, Roger, Diane and Julie

Dad with his siblings and parents

Dad with Uncle Russ and Aunt Jeanetta

Dad with his in-laws, Ray and Dixie

No comments:

Post a Comment