Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cold Weather, Basketball, and Computer Time

The weather this week has been unbearably cold; by far, the coldest winter I have ever experienced in my life. During the day, the temperatures were a high of -15 degrees. Because of this weather, along with the snow, Logan's swim lessons were canceled on Wednesday and Friday, so I do not have any pictures to update. However, the three days he did have his lessons, he cried during them, but his technique is definitely improving. On Thursday, he got so mad during his lesson, he would kick his legs when he was supposed to be floating and he ended up swallowing some water. Other than that, he is improving each day. Monday will be hard for him when we go back because of being off for 3 days.
Logan went to his first basketball game this week. My cousin Ryan plays basketball for Grace College and they played St. Francis on Tuesday. My aunt and uncle were driving up from Seymour, so we went over there to watch the game and hang out with them. Logan watched the game off and on, but he was more interested in climbing up and down the bleachers. It was a great game; went into overtime with Grace winning by 1 point!!!

Logan finally got his Christmas present from us put together. We bought him a computer set for Christmas, but it took me until this week to finish the table. We received a table from some friends, so I stripped it and repainted it. I still have to finish the chair, but we were able to set his computer up and he absolutely loves it. He plays on it for 30 minutes at a time, at least 2 or 3 times a day. I think he's going to take after his daddy...he loves technology!!!

Logan officially got his first cold for the winter. I'm surprised it has taken this long, but it's a pretty nasty one. He woke up with yellow goop coming out of his eyes and nose and a cough. By bedtime tonight, his eyes were so red from the drainage and rubbing them. Hopefully after a dose of Motrin and a good night of sleep, he'll feel better tomorrow morning. I hope everyone is having a great January!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment